When moving in Toronto, finding a great local mover can be a daunting task. The moving industry was deregulated several years ago, and now literally anyone with a moving truck can be a mover.
Rogue movers open up and shut down all the time. We have all heard of the horror stories associated with people who have hired independent moving companies based on the price alone. That begs the question as to how a company can do the move cheaper – they must cut corners somewhere, which will mean a cut in service to you.
Phillips Moving & Storage of Toronto is not one of these fly-by-night moving companies. We pride ourselves on excellent service and the highest quality. Our 90 years of experience have taught us everything there is to know about carrying out moves to your utmost satisfaction. Go ahead, ask us anything!
Did you know… Canadians are allowed to claim moving expenses incurred, provided that you’ve relocated in order to enable you to carry on a business or to be employed at a location in Canada if your new work location is at least 40 kilometres closer to your new home’s location than your old home. This helps to reduce your actual cost of moving in Toronto.
Finding the Best Local Movers in Toronto
When looking for the right local Toronto moving company, the most important criterion is the length of history in the moving industry. At Phillips Moving, we have been in the business of moving families since 1923. As van line affiliated local movers in Toronto, we are your best choice for quality and reliability. With United Van Lines, you will find that a reputation of quality service is required in order for us to be an agent of the van line.
In some cases, moving in Toronto involves senior moving – when you or a loved one are relocating to an independent living community or assisted living facility. We excel in this kind of elderly moving – give us a call.
Beware of “brokers” who have no actual investment in a company of their own and therefore no personal commitment to quality. As salespeople, their sole interest in booking your move is their commission on the sale, not the quality of your Toronto relocation.
Beware of representatives who may “low-ball” in order to get the sale. Ask for an in-home survey to be done for more accuracy.
We Want to Help
We offer you quality service and competitive rates – whether you’re moving your family household or your office:
- Anywhere in the Greater Toronto Area
- Anywhere within Ontario – Toronto, North Bay, Windsor, Muskoka, Barrie, Kingston, Hamilton, Oakville, London, Kitchener, Guelph, Niagara area, Sudbury, Oshawa, Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, and Haliburton cottage country
- To or from anywhere in Canada – Alberta, Vancouver, British Columbia, Victoria, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Edmonton, Calgary, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Montreal, Quebec, Yukon
- To or from any state in the US – AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NA, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
- To or from anywhere overseas – UK, Ireland, Scotland, Australia, UAE, Russia, Netherlands, Turkey, Greece, Japan, Spain, France, Belgium, China…
- To or from almost anywhere in the world!
Recent Toronto Local Moving Reviews
The move went great! Dave, Mike, Ron, and Jalen were amazing! Seriously, it was the smoothest, easiest move I’ve ever made. Thank you so much to them and you for all of your help 🙂Drew M. Local moving in Toronto September 1, 2017/
Thank you, Katy and the team of gentlemen were wonderful – thank you again.Filomena D. Local move in Toronto September 8, 2016/
The crew did a super job! There was Tony, Robert and Delroy.Pierre M. Local move in Toronto June 6, 2016/