As the summer holidays draw to a close for another year, the fun begins for all film fans and industry pros alike! The annual 11 day-long conference known as the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) is just upon us, and it would be worth your while to descend on Toronto once or twice over that week and a half to get in on all of the entertainment.
A bit of background on the organization: the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF), which you may or may not know, began in 1976 as a collection of films showcased at other festivals (or a “festival of festivals”). Since then, it has grown to be regarded as an ideal opportunity for new filmmakers to launch their careers and to show off their (newest) work. With the mission of transforming the way people see the world through film, TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of Canadian and International cinema, by creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds.
So, why should you go to the 43rd edition? Here are just a few of our reasons:
- Meet/see the stars in action! Take this event as the perfect opportunity to catch appearances by some of your favorite Hollywood stars who are in town for the occasion. Perhaps if you’re taking part in or viewing some of the films debuting at TIFF, you’ll even get to meet them! The same goes for if you’re wanting to meet the industry pros. It really all depends on the time, place, and a little luck.
- There is so much to take part in. A wide array of screenings, lectures, discussions, workshops, events, and more are offered at this extravagant conference with great opportunities for learning and professional development. Click here for the full scoop (and to filter out your preferences).
- There is availability for all film screenings. Not only are tickets still available for all screenings (which will be updated frequently over the course of the festival), but they are all reasonably priced as well. With such a diverse array of films being showcased, there’s got to be at least a handful of films everyone will enjoy. Take a look…
- Not a bad date night idea. Right?!
- TIFF members get more. Want more benefits out of the experience beyond just attending a few screenings? TIFF has quite the roster of cool membership perks. We think you’ll like them, so why not check out what they are.
Only a few days away, the festival is quickly approaching, so why not treat yourself to one (or several) nights over the next week and a half after a hard day’s work? You deserve it.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!