Personal Entry Requirements Part 3

Personal Entry Requirements Part 3

Welcome to our “Customs With Katy!” blog feature, where we focus on customs-related topics, brought to you by none other than Phillips’ very own Move Coordinator, Katy Duncan! In conclusion to this three-part ‘Personal Entry Requirements’ series, we’ll wrap up by outlining the documentation which you are personally responsible for having ready for Customs when crossing the US border.


What documentation you need to bring with you when you are personally crossing the border:

A common question I am often asked is “what documentation do I personally need to bring with me when crossing the border?”

For your personal entry into the United States, you must produce the following documents for US Customs at the United States Port of Entry:

  • Passport for each family member
  • Valid work visa (if applicable)
  • Copy of the northAmerican Van Lines Bill of Lading
  • Copy of the household goods inventory listings
  • Personal household goods inventory
  • Copy of the 3299 Form (Declaration of Free Entry of Unaccompanied Articles)


To review: Much like the previous segment of this series, make certain that you possess the above documents for your move across the border, in order to avoid any stressful circumstances. Obtaining and setting these documents aside in advance your move date will help! If you liked this post or missed the last two, why not review the series by checking out:


Part 1: US Entry Classifications, or;

Part 2: Documentation Requirements by US Customs


For additional customs tips, we also recommend that you routinely check our bi-weekly news updates.

As always, until next time, stay safe and stay customs compliant!


  • MM slash DD slash YYYY